Tokyo, Japan, May 15, 2016 - Kazakhstan will try to claim their first victory at the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Olympic Qualification Tournament in Japan in their third game - against Peru.
• Kazakhstan and Peru last met at the 2015 World Grand Prix. Peru won in straight sets.
• Peru have lost four of their last five World Olympic Qualification matches against AVC sides, all in straight sets, including the last three. Their only win in this run came against Chinese Taipei in 2012 (3-0).
• Kazakhstan will meet a team from South America for the first time at a World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• Kazakhstan lost their first two matches against Netherlands (3-1) and Japan (3-0).
• They also lost the first two matches in their previous participation in 2008 when Serbia (3-1) and Poland (3-0) proved too strong.
• Kazakhstan lost their first five matches in 2008, but still qualified for the 2008 Olympic Games as best Asian side.
• After Peru's win against Dominican Republic in straight sets, Peru can now win two matches at a World Olympic Qualification tournament for the first time.
• They claimed one win at the 2012 World Olympic Qualification tournament, a 3-0 win against Chinese Taipei.
• Peru have played only one four-set match (3-1 loss against Serbia) and no five-setters in their nine World Olympic Qualification matches.
• Angela Leyva scored a team high 34 points (32 spikes and two blocks) so far at this World Olympic Qualification tournament.