Tokyo, Japan, May 13, 2016 - Thailand and the Dominican Republic will meet in the second match of the FIVB Volleyball Women's World Olympic Qualification Tournament in Japan.
• Thailand have won two of their last three matches against Dominican Republic at world level tournaments.
• Thailand won 3-0 at the 2012 World Grand Prix and 3-1 at the 2014 World Grand Prix. Dominican Republic won in straight sets at the 2013 Grand Champions Cup.
• Thailand have won three of their four World Olympic Qualification matches against NORCECA sides, only losing to Dominican Republic in 2008 (3-0).
• That was their only previous meeting at a World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• Thailand are hoping to qualify for their first Olympic Games. They could become the seventh team representing the AVC to participate at the Olympic Games.
• Thailand finished in fifth place at the 2004 and 2012 World Olympic Qualification tournament and in seventh place in 2008.
• Thailand have won four of their last six World Olympic Qualification matches.
• Dominican Republic have been present at the Olympic Games in 2004 and 2012.
• In 2008, Dominican Republic just missed out on qualification after finishing fourth at the World Olympic Qualification tournament.
• In 2004 and 2012 they qualified as respectively the South American qualifier (invitation by FSV) and North American qualifier.
• Dominican Republic have won their last three World Olympic Qualification matches.